Oklahoma's National Register of Historic Places

Use your browser's back button to return to the query.

ID Number 84003041
Historic Name HARPER COUNTY COURTHOUSE
Description of Significance THE HARPER COUNTY COURTHOUSE IS A THREE-STORY BRICK BUILDING WITH NEOCLASSICAL STYLE DETAILS. BUILT IN 1927, THE BUILDINGS CLASSICAL ACCENTS INCLUDE IONIC PILASTERS AND A CLASSICAL PORTICO OVER THE FIRST FLOOR ENTRYWAY. THE BUILDING HOUSES COUNTY OFFICES AND IS VITAL TO LOCAL GOVERNMENT. LISTED IN THE NATIONAL REGISTER, 8/23/1984.
Current Name SAME
Address BETWEEN ELM AND MAPLE AND BETWEEN FIRST AND SECOND SOUTHEAST
City BUFFALO
County HARPER
Lot
Block 8, BUFFALO ORIGINAL
Current Section
Township
Range
Type BUILDING
Historic Function GOVERNMENT: COURTHOUSE
Current Function GOVERNMENT: COURTHOUSE
Area Signficance 1 ARCHITECTURE
Area Significance 2 POLITICS / GOVERNMENT
Date Prepared
Year Built 1927
Original Site YES
Architect/Builder JAYNE, MAURICE - ARCHITECT; A.F. STEWART CONSTRUCTION COMPANY - BUILDER
Architectural Style NEOCLASSICAL; RENAISSANCE REVIVAL
Roof Material ASPHALT
Wall Material BRICK
Window Material UNCOLLECTED
Door Material ALUMINUM
Decorative Details BROKEN PEDIMENT WITH SCROLLED BRACKETS.
Condition GOOD
Comments
Restricted N